Hardy Weinberg Clarification

So I am taking an introductory Biology Course and I was recently introduced to the idea of Hardy Weinberg Equilibrium. I wanted to find out why exactly we calculate the frequencies of alleles in the next population using the law of multiplication.For example,In a hypothetical population of let's say 300 civets, 20% of the gene pool codes for blue eye color and the remaining 80% codes for black eye color. It is given that blue eye color is recessive.300 civets = 600 alleles total80% code for black eye color = 480 alleles 20% code for blue eye co...Read more